Sunday, August 10, 2014

Review: The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy by Jacopo della Quercia

Received ARC from publisher via NetGalley. My opinions are my own.
Release date: August 5, 2014

A mysterious pocket watch once owned by Abraham Lincoln comes into the possession of his son, leading President Taft and friends on an adventure concerning national (and world) security.

Though it wasn't as hilarious and I expected, overall, it was an amusing and fun sci-fi/steampunk adventure. It's a quick and easy read and I enjoyed the numerous appearances of different historical figures and the way the story brought together different aspects of history. There was one chunk somewhere in the middle where it did not feel very adventurous and just seemed to be scenes of endless, sometimes pointless dialogue, but it soon picked up the pace again. I'm not heavily into steampunk normally but this one was thankfully lacking in vampires and zombies so that was a relief for me. It definitely leans more towards the sci-fi end of the steampunk genre.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...